Support

This blog will be a chronicle of my life as a woman married to a bipolar man. I know that I will NEVER understand what he goes through on a daily basis. However, he will never understand how tortured I am as his loving support. My husband and I are current members of DBSA, but I notice that when attending meetings I am the ONLY support person there. Though it feels great to support my husband through his hardships, I don't feel that I get the full support that I need. I want other supporters to know that there are more of us out there. We're all dealing with our loved ones manic episodes, severe depression, suicidal thoughts, sleeping throughout the day, manic spending sprees and so much more. I understand, I've been through it, I'm GOING through it. We can support each other. We NEED to support each other. We are not alone.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 3

It's 3am on day 3 since my husband has decided to abandon me again. Still no word. When he left he didn't take his meds with him. That worries me. I wonder if I will hear from him as soon as last time. Suddenly stopping lithium can result in extreme mania. If he becomes even more manic it could be a long time before I hear from him.

People continue to tell me that I need to take care of myself. It's not that easy. When your body is rejecting food and sleep all on it's own. It doesn't matter that I try to take care of myself. My body physically wont allow me to do so.

I keep finding myself worrying that maybe this time he wasn't actually manic. Maybe he just decided he didn't want to be with me anymore. I really don't believe that, but it's just a part of my nature. After all, every time he tells me he loves me it's so sincere. People ask why I deal with it; that it seems like such a lopsided relationship. I tell them that I've been in much more one-sided relationships than this one. At least I know that my husband loves me, truly loves me. I can see it when he looks at me. I can hear it when he tells me. I can feel it when he touches me. He is my heart, I am his soul.

I wish I would hear something from him. I hate worrying so much. Even if he doesn't want to come home, I just wish that I knew he was safe. This litterally kills me inside.

Please come home, baby.

2 comments:

  1. If you read your blog, let me know. candicurtis@gmail.com. I think it is a good thing to support each other. My husband is also bipolar and I completely understand everything you posted in your comment about yourself section under the title of the page. I am going to keep looking for an online support group but if you have found one please let me know. I think it would be a good place. I am thinking a facebook page would be easy to keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I started a blog also but I want to start a facebook support group... http://mrgreenswife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete